top of page
Call us today to make an appointment
00353 86105 4245
Eqwise Dentistry have an extensive range of dental equipment. We pride ourselves in being able to provide the very best and complete dental care to our clients.
- Overall condition of the horse will be assessed
- Checks made for facial swelling and asymmetry
- Check for nasal discharge and foul breath
- Assess joints for sores, swelling and mobility
- Check for wolf teeth, canines and incisor balance
Inspection of the oral cavity
- With the use of a gag the mouth will be opened
- Visual inspection of entire oral cavity
- Palpation of teeth for symmetry, levelness and sharp points
- Give the horse a rest
- Findings will be talked through with the owner
- Abnormalities such as overgrowths and sharp edges will be removed in the event of a routine dental rasp
- The first tooth is rounded to remove the risk of pinching of the lips by the bit
The owner will be given after care advice. A dental chart explaining the work performed and future recommendations will be put together and given to the owner on the day or posted out shortly after.
What to expect...
bottom of page