Eqwise Dentistry have an extensive range of dental equipment. We pride ourselves in being able to provide the very best and complete dental care to our clients.
- Overall condition of the horse will be assessed
- Checks made for facial swelling and asymmetry
- Check for nasal discharge and foul breath
- Assess joints for sores, swelling and mobility
- Check for wolf teeth, canines and incisor balance
Inspection of the oral cavity
- With the use of a gag the mouth will be opened
- Visual inspection of entire oral cavity
- Palpation of teeth for symmetry, levelness and sharp points
- Give the horse a rest
- Findings will be talked through with the owner
- Abnormalities such as overgrowths and sharp edges will be removed in the event of a routine dental rasp
- The first tooth is rounded to remove the risk of pinching of the lips by the bit
The owner will be given after care advice. A dental chart explaining the work performed and future recommendations will be put together and given to the owner on the day or posted out shortly after.
What to expect...